Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Can I adjust the duration of task to start at the start of one task, and end at the end of another?

Mike Wilday
Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have tried setting the predecssor column to 6 SS and 11 FF but it defaults to the FF and gives me one day in the duration. I want these dates dependant on start and finish dates of those rows. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2017-03-03_08-50-32.png

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not that I know of, and I've tried to find a work-around for this.

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Me too. This would be a very valuable feature. It appears that you can't set the predecessor of a finish item when the item you are trying to set the finish date for ALSO has a predecessor. Can a

Can a smartsheets employee provide help on this? We basically want an elastic start and end date for a process that is parallel to the 

We basically want an elastic start and end date for a process that is parallel to the other processes. But we need this processes' end date to be the end date of a later tasks' finish. If we shorten the duration of the another task in the project, which shortens the lifespan of the entire project, we want this parallel process to be shortened as well. 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Support? Can you please add this as a feature request? For Floating processes that can adjust duration based on the start date of one task, and the end date of another task with predecessors? 

This discussion has been closed.