automation workflow not including attachments in notification emails

Options

I am an individual license user of Smartsheet. I set up an automation workflow to send notification emails with attachments when a box is checked and it is not sending attachments although I included that option. I had been a business license user previously with my former workplace so I know this automation set up works before. Please see the attached screenshots to see the set up. This exact set up worked with my business license. Please let me know if you note something I should be doing or if there are changes in the set up that I should be aware of. Thank you!

A note that, I had made multiple attempts to reach out to support but no one got back to me so I am at a loss.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Aye Wollam at Win Mu Tin Law

You'll have to have the attachment be the trigger for it to be included in an alert, or you can use an update request, and then all attachments on the row would be included.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks for your suggestion @Andrée Starå I am baffled because the following workflow for another account - business license account (screenshot attached) will send a notification email with rows PLUS attachments (The workflow only says when the rows are added or changed AND when a field (Report sent) is checked. It works. However my individual license account as mentioned previously does not send emails with attachment. As far as I can see these two workflows are identical (except for daily notification vs run as triggered)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/22/21
    Options

@Aye Wollam at Win Mu Tin Law

You're more than welcome!

The trigger has to be set to when an attachment is added, triggering an action.

The only way I've found to include the attachments if it's not triggered as above is by using an update request instead.

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Andrée Starå Thank you very much for your helpful responses! I have figured out my problem. What I was trying to do was to automate the workflow to send notification email with attachment on "EXISTING " rows on the sheet (although my workflow set up is when the rows are added OR changed), the automation would not send attachment but just the row with fields when I check the box (which is the changes in the row). However, when I send "NEW" rows with attachments to the sheet (I send my rows with attachments using SmartsheetAPI), and when I then check the column with checkbox, the notification email is then sent with attachments! So the set up of this workflow does not need to include "attachment as the trigger" but it does require that my rows need to be newly added rows. My condition of the workflow set up remains the same as my previous screenshots but my problem is then resolved or at least managed. I can use checkbox as a trigger to send attachment in notification emails now.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Robert Gallegos
    Options

I'm trying to have an attachment sent when the notification goes out. It appears that you found a solution; but I wasn't able to follow what I may do to get this to work. "(I send my rows with attachments using SmartsheetAPI), and when I then check the column with checkbox, the notification email is then sent with attachments!"

Can you help?