Question on Grouping

Options

Answers

• Natalia Kataoka
    Natalia Kataoka ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/21/21
    Options

Question on Grouping - I am grouping by a dropdown menu, but the way the group displays is in alphabetical order, not the order of the drop down. Is there a way to group by the dropdown's original organization?

Versus

Also, can we no longer filter source sheets by name?? I have over 6000 sheets in the workspace I work out of but that creates too many sheets to properly group. And, since we have the same column names in different types of sheets (like Assigned To), I am pulling in sheets to my report that I do not intend.

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In my experience with this new feature it is alphabetical, the most obvious/easy workaround is to number your options but of course this will break once you hit 10, so you could precede each option alphabetically.

*a. Option 1

*b Option 2...

etc.

👨🏼💻 Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting | Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting and reacting w/ 💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome!

PS - If you have a follow up response tag me @SoS | Dan Palenchar so I get notified of your reply!