Look Up Table Matching

Options
AlexP
AlexP ✭✭
edited 01/27/21 in Formulas and Functions

Hi everyone,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies all, it seems I have managed to figure out the below and have previously had help with a similar query - see link for solution.

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/74517/text-comparison-across-two-sheets-to-link-a-multi-select-field#latest

Please disregard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am attempting to implement some kind of look up table where I can use VLOOKUP or INDEX and MATCH to find the associated value. I'm having a little trouble with the formula to do this.

The work flow is as follows (see image for a visual aid): User inputs data through a Smart Form - this goes into my Raw Data Sheet - lets call this Sheet A (LH side on image). A helper column (in example below: the column is result) at the end of sheet A is where I intend to perform the formula down the list of entries.

Lets assume user made three entries. FieldA, FieldB, FieldC.

Now, a separate Look Up table exists on a different sheet (RH side of image) - lets call this Sheet B. On this sheet FieldA associates with 1 on the same row, FieldB with 2 on the same row and FieldC with 3 on the same row.

In this example, essentially, I am attempting to bring Column 5 into result based on Primary column and Column4 being the same.

Assistance on this is most appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!