Possible to just send a sheet notification?

mproudfit
mproudfit ✭✭
edited 01/27/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Aside from @someone in a comment within a sheet, is it possible to simply send a one-time sheet notification to those sharing a project sheet? Im not looking to request an update, setup a workflow, automation, etc., but Id like something a bit more "formal" than sending a comment with the parties tagged.

Example - I just want to say "Project budget has been updated for our initial cost estimate. Please review at your convenience".

Best Answer

• Sandra Guzman
    Sandra Guzman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @mproudfit!

Isn't the discovery process just great when you find answers to your own questions?!?

You are absolutely spot on with simply going to File>>Email Shared Users. Just know that the context included in the message asks users to "edit" the sheet.

I personally prefer sending at the row level since the text defaults to Quick Update and can be edited. You could select the Project Budget column details only or other key data points. I like using this since it provides a snapshot of the information I am asking users to review at glance.

All the best!

Sandra

Answers

• Ahh - I guess "email shared users" is pretty much what Im looking for.

• Sandra Guzman
    Sandra Guzman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @mproudfit!

Isn't the discovery process just great when you find answers to your own questions?!?

You are absolutely spot on with simply going to File>>Email Shared Users. Just know that the context included in the message asks users to "edit" the sheet.

I personally prefer sending at the row level since the text defaults to Quick Update and can be edited. You could select the Project Budget column details only or other key data points. I like using this since it provides a snapshot of the information I am asking users to review at glance.

All the best!

Sandra