3 base files with confidential infos in a combine master file

I have 3 different sheets. Each sheet if filled out by a factory and I would like to summerize the content of this 3 sheets in a master file. The factories are not allowed to see the content of the other sheets (A,B,C, Master) only their own sheet.

The master file is shared with other people than the base flles (A;B;C). It's not a problem if these people could see the base files but it's not a must.

What is the best way to build it?

Best Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you are looking to report across the three sheets, then you could put a report in a different workspace and not share it to the people that access sheet A,B and C.

Would that work for you?

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Christine, you can select headers in multi sheet reports. That isn't a problem especially if all the headers are identical in each sheet.

Happy to talk you through this on a zoom if you'd like me to.

Kind regards

Debbie

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

A B and C could be in the same workspace - you can just share the sheets individually and not the workspace itself. If you put the report in a separate workspace then unless you share it or the workspace itself the users of A B and C won't see it.

Good luck!

Debbie

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you are looking to report across the three sheets, then you could put a report in a different workspace and not share it to the people that access sheet A,B and C.

Would that work for you?

• Thanks Debbie,

not sure as the headers are all the same in sheet A;B;C and I would need all headers but the different rows from A+B+C . If I'm not wrong in a report I'm not able to select all headers?

Thanks

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Christine, you can select headers in multi sheet reports. That isn't a problem especially if all the headers are identical in each sheet.

Happy to talk you through this on a zoom if you'd like me to.

Kind regards

Debbie

• Hi Debbie,

yes I found the report option now :-)

Perfect so I will create a workplace for A, one for B and one for C and create a combined report on a another worklplace . Thanks a lot!

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

A B and C could be in the same workspace - you can just share the sheets individually and not the workspace itself. If you put the report in a separate workspace then unless you share it or the workspace itself the users of A B and C won't see it.

Good luck!

Debbie