Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Counting "At Risk" Flags

Ginny A.
Ginny A.
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi,

I am trying to use COUNTIF for counting number of projects with "At Risk" flags turned on. I get #UNPARSEABLE for this- COUNTIF(At Risk:At Risk, 1). Any feedback appreciated. Thank you. 

Tags:

Comments

• Rob Hagan
    Rob Hagan ✭✭✭

Hi Ginny,

Any field name that contains spaces needs its name to be referenced in square brackets:

=COUNTIF([At Risk]:[At Risk], 1)

Cheers,

Rob.

• Hello,

I am trying to do the same task mentioned above. But when I use the =COUNTIF([At Risk]:[At Risk], 1) formula, I get an error that says #BOOLEAN EXPECTED. What does that mean and how do I fix it?

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wendy,

The error is telling you that you are trying to enter a number greater than 1 in a Checkbox type column.

You can do that, but not as a number.

=COUNTIF([At Risk]:[At Risk], 1) + ""

will display a number, but it will be text.

If you later want to use that somewhere else, you can turn it back into a number using the VALUE() function.

Be aware that the COUNTIF() formula above as written can not be in the [At Risk] column -- you will get a circular error.

I hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.