Sum Values in Matrix

Options

Hello,

I'm trying to sum all the values in a 2 axis matrix that meet a criteria for row and column.

Name on rows and columns could be repeated.

In the example of the image the result be 11.

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/04/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jorge Licea

Hope you are fine, i confirm what @SK says in his excellent answer and i advice you to change your intake sheet format to be as following and use for sum the following formula

=SUMIFS([w1]:[w1], Employee:Employee, Criteria2, W:W, Criteria1) + SUMIFS([w2]:[w2], Employee:Employee, Criteria2, W:W, Criteria1) + SUMIFS([w3]:[w3], Employee:Employee, Criteria2, W:W, Criteria1)

here is a link to a sample sheet i prepare for you to test and change the criteria and see the result in Sum

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Sameer Karkhanis
    Sameer Karkhanis ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All I can say is that, you cannot specify range argument as a matrix (rows and columns), COLLECT expects the range as a column range.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/04/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jorge Licea

Hope you are fine, i confirm what @SK says in his excellent answer and i advice you to change your intake sheet format to be as following and use for sum the following formula

=SUMIFS([w1]:[w1], Employee:Employee, Criteria2, W:W, Criteria1) + SUMIFS([w2]:[w2], Employee:Employee, Criteria2, W:W, Criteria1) + SUMIFS([w3]:[w3], Employee:Employee, Criteria2, W:W, Criteria1)

here is a link to a sample sheet i prepare for you to test and change the criteria and see the result in Sum

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Jorge Licea
    Options

Thank you @SK and @Bassam.M Khalil. I appreciate your help.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!