Automatic Notifications set up on a Sheet that is Linked to a main sheet

Options

I have created a SS and linked it to my main sheet. I've also created notifications for this newly created sheet, but I do not receive any of the notifications that I have set up it. The linking part works fine, but how do I get my notifications to come through from the linked sheet? I've also checked my notification settings and that is all good too.

Also, I am receiving notifications from my main sheet, but still waiting on notifications to come through from my created sheet that I linked to the main sheet.

Can someone help with this?

Thanks,

Wanda Jackson

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Wanda Jackson

First, make sure that you have allowed yourself to receive notifications properly in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the upper right corner) and secondly check the Permission setting for the Automations. (cog in the top right corner in the Automation overview)

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Wanda Jackson
    Wanda Jackson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Andrée,

Now I see where I'm missing it - in the Automation Permissions in the Automation box itself. I have it set on restricted. I will make that change so that notifications can be received by others on the team.

I've been checking my Personal Settings, but not the Automation Permission settings.

Thank you so much!

Have a great day and weekend!!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Wanda Jackson

First, make sure that you have allowed yourself to receive notifications properly in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the upper right corner) and secondly check the Permission setting for the Automations. (cog in the top right corner in the Automation overview)

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Wanda Jackson
    Wanda Jackson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Andrée,

Now I see where I'm missing it - in the Automation Permissions in the Automation box itself. I have it set on restricted. I will make that change so that notifications can be received by others on the team.

I've been checking my Personal Settings, but not the Automation Permission settings.

Thank you so much!

Have a great day and weekend!!

• Wanda Jackson
    Wanda Jackson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again Andrée,

I've just tested my changes for Automation Permissions and I still have not received my notification. My main sheet is set up to notify me whenever changes are made to the sheet and I receive those notifications immediately, but nothing from the sheet that I have linked to my main sheet. See my screen shots below from my linked sheet and my main sheet. Why does this not work for me. Other team members are waiting on these notifications to come through indicating deadline dates for our planning process (I have 26 notifications set up for the linked sheet, but have not received any of them.

Linked Sheet screen shots

**I still do not receive this notification

**Boxes have been checked and unchecked for testing and notifications still do not work

**Automation Permissions have been changed to Unrestricted

**Personal Preferences are all marked

Main Sheet screen shots - My Personal settings are still the same for the main sheet

**I get this notification immediately

**Automation Permissions are the same as they are for the linked sheet

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Wanda Jackson

Excellent!

Easy to miss!

You're more than welcome!