Document Generator

Options

Hello,

If I create a drop down list or radio buttons on the document generator it only gives me the option for one box to drag and drop over will the smart sheet know or is there a way to create logic so that if something is selected it's placed in the correct part of the pdf when the document is being generated.

For example I have a yes or no question that I did as a radio button but when I am doing my mapping I only have one box for that section. so do I drop the same box in both the yes & no section?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Ileana Stover

Currently the way Document Builder functions is that it maps a Smartsheet field (or cell) to a PDF field. This means that if you have your form set up where either "yes" or "no" populates into the same cell/column, then this can only be mapped to one place on the PDF, whether it's yes or no.

As an alternative, you could have two checkbox columns, one column for Yes and one column for No. This would create two separate fields in the Smartsheet row that you could map to two different places on the PDF. Does that make sense?

Our Help Center has more information on this, see here: Document Builder.

Let me know if you'd like to see images or examples and I'm happy to go into further detail.

Cheers!

Genevieve