Entered data in Form and not seen I Intake Sheet

Hi, Smartsheet Community.

So many questions as a person new to this platform. I'm starting off with a template. I'm still testing the data from my Excel sheet. I entered in the form and saved. Should the data have gone to the Project Intake sheet? Please advise. Thank you.

Best,

~ Rowenna

Best Answers

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi

Did you check the bottom of the sheet? Sometimes information entered into a form (when set to add to bottom) will be right at the bottom. Delete all the empty rows in between and try and enter again.

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/01/21 Answer ✓

Hi Rowena, you are right - the above means that the cell(s) in the "Project Intake Sheet" is used by the sheet called "Project Metadata". However, based in the #NO MATCH it seems some of your references are no longer valid. I see that you are using the template set from Smartsheet. The #NO MATCH is probably because the project ID SM-001 is not the same number as the intake sheet.

My honest view is to use these templates to learn functions and explore how things like cross sheet references and INDEX/MATCH formula's work. Also generally how projects are set up.

The consider starting from scratch with a simple intake sheet and build up from there.

Answers

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi

Did you check the bottom of the sheet? Sometimes information entered into a form (when set to add to bottom) will be right at the bottom. Delete all the empty rows in between and try and enter again.

• Eureka, Neil! Yes, I found the data from the form. For the Dasboard Link, how does it work? I'm not showing this on the form as it's more for my use. Appreciate your thoughts.

Best,

~ Rowenna

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/01/21

@Rowenna Otazu not sure I understand your question on the dashboard link.

I use the Dashboards in 2 ways, first more "traditionally" the same as sheets and reports where I share to specific users by clicking the blue share button on the top right.

Otherwise, on the dashboard itself, there is a publish icon

This allows for the creation of a read-only link where you can set whether open to shared users or anyone who has the link:

• Hi, Neil.

In my Project Intake Sheet that has a Dashboard link. If I hover over a cell within this field, I see "Use in formula: Project Metadata". The data I enter in this field somehow links to the Project Metadata and I guess my question is: the columns in the Project Intake Sheet needs to correspond to the Project Metadata field. My ultimate goal is to see the data in the Project Management Portfolio (i.e. Project Summary: in progress, routing, completed). Hope this makes more sense. A couple of attachments for reference. Thanks. ~ Rowenna

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/01/21 Answer ✓

Hi Rowena, you are right - the above means that the cell(s) in the "Project Intake Sheet" is used by the sheet called "Project Metadata". However, based in the #NO MATCH it seems some of your references are no longer valid. I see that you are using the template set from Smartsheet. The #NO MATCH is probably because the project ID SM-001 is not the same number as the intake sheet.

My honest view is to use these templates to learn functions and explore how things like cross sheet references and INDEX/MATCH formula's work. Also generally how projects are set up.

The consider starting from scratch with a simple intake sheet and build up from there.

• Hi, Neil.

Thanks for the input. That is what I'm doing...learning how the parts work together. Still a lot to learn as I know the end result but still trying to understand the pieces. Appreciate the help. ~ Rowenna

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/01/21