Forms

Gloria Huerta
Gloria Huerta ✭✭
edited 02/01/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I created six forms for award nominations. When I created the forms, I just went to forms, created the first nomination form and then hit the plus sign to add another. The forms look great, however, I notice that when I make a change to one of the fields the change affects all of the forms. Also, I need a separate data collection sheet for each form and right now it seems that all data is collected in one sheet for all six forms. Any idea why? Is there a way to clone the forms and start over?

Best Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓

Forms are always tied directly to the sheet they are created on. If you need separate data collection, you should create 6 separate sheets and 6 separate forms. When you make changes to the "form" you're really making changes to the underlying columns, so it changes on all the forms because they're updating from the latest column information.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Gloria Huerta

To add to David's excellent advice/answer.

You could use the Move Row workflow to move the different submissions to the other six sheets as a possible workaround.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers