Forms and Autofilling Repeat Customer Information

Hi All,

I built a CRM for our company using Smartsheet and I am looking for a function for our Service Department where I can submit a Service request using a form where I can select an Existing/Repeat customer from a drop down that autofills their information instead of having to enter it every time

Is there a way to build a customer database and have the form pull from that information to autofill?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kevin DeLade

Yes. You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets. When you select a customer, it can autofill other information (Contact, phone number, and similar).

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Yes I do think that will work. I am familiar with the VLOOKUP function but need to brush up on INDEX/MATCH as I haven't used it much but thank you very much for the suggestion

• Good afternoon,

I have a follow up question on this old topic - I am trying to do something similar, is there a way for the sheet to "talk back" to the form to create that dropdown within the form (not within the sheet)? I am unaware of the ability for a form to do this, how would this be accomplished?

Thanks for any guidance

• Hi @johnjrmot

You can use default selections in a form to show data, or fill values using the query string. You can also use Conditional Logic to show/hide fields based on selections, but that dropdown would need to already exist on the sheet and the Logic would show the entire list. There currently isn't a way for the form to create calculations or house formulas that will auto-display content or filter a dropdown list.

Here's a free webinar with more information on Conditional Logic: Create dynamic forms with conditional logic

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now