Stacked Bar Graph - Reflect 3 columns

This discussion was created from comments split from: Stacked Bar Graph - Reflect 3 columns.

Answers

• I have a similar situation. I'm trying to compare how many of a specific type of requests are fulfilled each quarter, via different methods and by different individuals. Here is an example of what I'm talking about. I wouldn't mind a stacked bar chart, or one that is broken down by each person.

• Hi @Chris Holt

There are a few different ways that you can display the data, depending on what you'd prefer. Personally, I would break it out per-person, and create one Chart Widget for each of the sections you have above, broken down by Quarter and Method, like so:

Notice that at the bottom I have some Pie charts per-quarter showing the percent of the different Method Types. I did this by creating a Totals section of data at the bottom of the metric sheet.

You can then customize the colours in each chart to match up, so Blue always represents "Email - Personal" across all your widgets, etc. Would this work for you?

As an alternative, you could create a Helper Column to add together the text from your Name column and Method Type.

This would create a unique text identifier for the Chart Widget's x-axis. You can Sort the Sheet by Method Type so they are grouped together, then do a chart like so:

Or you could do the opposite to what I showed in the first example above, where you have one chart widget per-method type: the title of the chart would be the method type and the x-axis would show the Name, the bars showing each person's data. Let me know if you want to see an example of what I mean and I'm happy to create another demo.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Smartsheet needs to have the capability to do something like this on one graph. Stacked chart with multiple series by month/year/time etc.