share live reports with clients

We use Smartsheet for processing all of our orders from entry to delivery. Throughout the order cycle there are points where we need input from our customers. We have done a trial with a couple of customers having a live report to fill in the necessary info, and it is working well, however our concern is that in order for them to edit the report they have to have permission to "Edit" on the master sheet containing all of our orders. In order to streamline our operations, we want to expand the this live reporting function, but are concerned about so many customers having access to viewing or editing our master sheet.

My question is: is there a way to allow customers to edit a live report without giving them the ability to view or edit the master sheet?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/03/21

Hi @Neil Hardwick

Unfortunately, no.

As a possible workaround, you could,

• Use something similar that I developed for a client recently. Basically, you'd have another sheet where you collect information from the main sheet and either let the client have access to the so-called helper sheet or share the helper sheet + a helper report.

Make sense?

Another option would be the premium add-on, Dynamic View.

Is that an option?

More info: 

A third option could be the new WorkApps solution if you have access to it.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.