Total number of rows in a sheet.

I would like to get a Total Count of Rows in a sheet?

Best Answer

• bcwilson.ca
    bcwilson.ca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/04/21 Answer ✓

You can also count on non-numerical fields. For example, you could just count on the number of names or some field that all data might have (like a creation date for the record)

You can insert those by creating a column picking auto number system and picking a created date or created by.. This way each record will have that data.

If there are values that you want to remove from your total, like in my case duplicate records, we tag them as a duplicate in a status field.. This way we never delete data

I simply subtract a COUNTIFS ( for records with a duplicate status)

So I get =COUNTIF({Status}) - COUNTIFS ({Status}, ="Duplicate")

Hope that helps

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @StephanieR

You could add an auto-number system column.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

I guess I should have given you the rest of the details. This is actual just a count of ALL the rows in our PreReg Sheet. I'm creating a Sheet that just feeds numbers to Management. So I have on the Management Summary sheet is basically a row that shows:

Total Clients in Pre-Reg: Formula is: =COUNTIF({*1. PreReg Covid Vaccination Range 2},

The PreReg Covid range is actually the "Age" column from the "Pre-Reg. Covid Vaccine" sheet which is the 2nd row on the screen shot above.

I have done the same for the other Sheets in the screen shot. This is not ideal, because some of the birthdays are entered incorrectly so then they do not populate the age column. I would just like to have a countif statement that says "If Date of Birth is not BLANK" I want it on this report.

You have been very helpful! I really appreciate all the questions that you have answered for me.

Stephanie

• bcwilson.ca
    bcwilson.ca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/04/21 Answer ✓

You can also count on non-numerical fields. For example, you could just count on the number of names or some field that all data might have (like a creation date for the record)

You can insert those by creating a column picking auto number system and picking a created date or created by.. This way each record will have that data.

If there are values that you want to remove from your total, like in my case duplicate records, we tag them as a duplicate in a status field.. This way we never delete data

I simply subtract a COUNTIFS ( for records with a duplicate status)

So I get =COUNTIF({Status}) - COUNTIFS ({Status}, ="Duplicate")

Hope that helps

• Thank you, that is what I did. We require a date of birth on the sheet, so I did: =COUNTIF({*1. PreReg Covid Vaccination Range 1}, where the Range is the Age column.