Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Enhancement Request: Ability to use Rich Text or HTML format options for Comments

jcamer25
jcamer25
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I would like to request the ability to use different format options in the comments window.  We are currently able to add plain text comments but it would be nice at times to use a different format like Rich Text or HTML.

Comments

• Hello,

As you've found, comments can only be added as plain text, but I've got your vote down for this type of feature on our enhancement request list for further consideration by our Product team.

We appreciate your input!

• I completely agree this would be a great feature - especially considering the award SmartSheet won for "Best Office 365 Add-In."   Email content using that Add-In is saved in the comments field; right now the email gets stripped of all formatting; if the comment could be in rich text format then it would be a whole lot more usable for this purpose.

• Yes!!! I take loads of meeting notes on the comments box. The lack of rich text makes it impossible to use it as a central place to share my notes with others straight from the Email function.

• Oh my gosh....I would love to have WYSIWYG capability in the Webforms! Sometimes I want to emphasize directions with bold or color and this would help tremendously!!!

• Keg4321
    Keg4321 ✭✭

Rich text would be extremely useful.

• tylermh
    tylermh ✭✭✭✭✭

Shaine,  Please add my vote for Rich Text or HTML abilities in the comments section in smartsheet.  As I type, I see a formatting bar for this comment window that would be perfect if we at least had that. 

• This would be a very useful feature especially when a field from Salesforce or Jira which is HTML enabled is synced into SS. I would love not to lose the contextual meaning of bolded items from these two platforms. 

• I would like for Smartsheet to use Markdown. This is becoming more and more the normal tool for formatting. Also very easy to learn and read even if the data is exported to a product that does not understand the formatting, unlike HTML with all the tags.

This discussion has been closed.