Question on How to Integrate a Form

Options

We have a sheet that tracks our inventory. We want to build a form for people to input a pickup request of certain inventory items to be moved between places. Is it possible for the Form to reference the Inventory sheet to see if the Quantity requested for pickup is available?

For example The form would ask for an item number and description and quantity of the item that needs to be picked up. I want the form to then reference the same item number on another sheet and verify the quantity needed is available.

Can Smartsheets do this? How would I set this up?

thank you for your help.

Tags:

Best Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hillary Valor,

Hope you are fine, you can't see the result of the calculation in the form because no formula will work in the form until you submit your request, but you can solve that in a different way:

1- you can add a report with a filter that shows the available amount of each material.

2- you can design an update request workflow that sends the request for the person who submits the request show him the available amount if his request is over the balance.( i prefer this option )

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/07/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hillary Valor

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Bassam's excellent advice/answer.

Another option could be to have a form in a dashboard to select what you want to view and submit it and then refresh the dashboard to see the information.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hillary Valor,

Hope you are fine, you can't see the result of the calculation in the form because no formula will work in the form until you submit your request, but you can solve that in a different way:

1- you can add a report with a filter that shows the available amount of each material.

2- you can design an update request workflow that sends the request for the person who submits the request show him the available amount if his request is over the balance.( i prefer this option )

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/07/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hillary Valor

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Bassam's excellent advice/answer.

Another option could be to have a form in a dashboard to select what you want to view and submit it and then refresh the dashboard to see the information.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hillary Valor
    Options

@Bassam.M Khalil and @Andrée Starå Thank you both so much! I think both of the options might work for what I am trying to do. I am going to try to implement them and see which one works better! I am new to smart sheets so this may take me a while but I will reach back out if I have any additional questions. I appreciate your help!!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Hillary Valor

You are welcome

PMP Certified

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Hillary Valor

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!