problem with sharing of sheet/dashboard and sending requests

I shared my sheet and dashboard but the recipients did not get my email. I did check the "notify" box. Did I miss some steps.

I also send a request to input to sheet but looks like system not sending the email ?

Those people listed should get an email when I shared the sheet/dashboard/request, right?

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lynna

I hope you're well and safe!

Have a look below, and see if that helps.

General Email Issues

Depending on the configuration and anti-spam practices of your email provider, emails sent from Smartsheet may be improperly marked as spam or blocked altogether. To prevent this, provide the administrators of your email systems with the following information to ensure that email from Smartsheet is approved on the Allowlist.

Smartsheet follows email security standards Sender Policy Framework (SPF)DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) and Domain-Based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC) so the recipient’s email systems can validate that we are the legitimate sender for our domains. For those that want more specific control, the following email domains can also be added to your organization's trusted sender list:

• smartsheet.com 
    • app.smartsheet.com 
    • info.smartsheet.com
    • system.smartsheet.com
    • reply.smartsheet.com
    • bounce.smartsheet.com

These should be referenced as acceptable domains from which to receive email from smartsheet.com.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lynna

I hope you're well and safe!

Have a look below, and see if that helps.

General Email Issues

Depending on the configuration and anti-spam practices of your email provider, emails sent from Smartsheet may be improperly marked as spam or blocked altogether. To prevent this, provide the administrators of your email systems with the following information to ensure that email from Smartsheet is approved on the Allowlist.

Smartsheet follows email security standards Sender Policy Framework (SPF)DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) and Domain-Based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC) so the recipient’s email systems can validate that we are the legitimate sender for our domains. For those that want more specific control, the following email domains can also be added to your organization's trusted sender list:

• smartsheet.com 
    • app.smartsheet.com 
    • info.smartsheet.com
    • system.smartsheet.com
    • reply.smartsheet.com
    • bounce.smartsheet.com

These should be referenced as acceptable domains from which to receive email from smartsheet.com.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Lynna
    Lynna ✭✭

Thanks Andree. I think that's the problem. It works if I send to a hotmail email address so I will just copy the link and send it in an email.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Lynna

You're more than welcome!