Document Builder with Parent/ Child rows

Kelly Moore
Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello All

I wish to use all the data in my Parent/Child rows in one document using Document Builder. Is it possible? My 'families' of rows vary in number. Because of the formatting requirements that are necessary in the final output, a smartsheet report to simply pull the information is not an option. Here is an example of source data

This source data is used to produce a small label for the solution container. I need the production of the label to be a simple operation for the end user.

Many thanks

Kelly

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @KDM

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, You'd need to collect all that should be included in one row.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Andrée

That's what I thought- I was hoping I had overlooked something. I'll have to think more on a single row but it will be very difficult to replicate all the columns of information (I only showed a few ) so that every child component could be represented on a single row. In reality, I think 4, maybe 5 child rows is the max. 2-3 is the norm. If you have any ideas, I always welcome new ways of doing something

Hmm, I just thought using JOIN(COLLECT)- that's a thought

Thanks for your time. Stay well

Kelly

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KDM

Happy to help!

Yes, JOIN(COLLECT) would be good if it's all in one field.

I'm working on a client solution when the information will be in one sheet and then selected (linked) in another for the Document Builder.

I'll let you know if I think of something else.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.