Forms/Register to virtual event - how do I limit to invitee list only & auto populate what I know?

I created a form for registration at a virtual event.

I have a list of every attendee with email, name and title. I only want those listed to be able to fill out the form so I can ensure only invitee's register. I also would like to auto populate what I know about them so they don't have to re-enter.

Can I do this?

Thanks,

Maureen

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Maureen Chausse 

Hope you are fine, yes you can do that by creating a contact column ( Dropdown restricted ) contain only those people and make it required field in the form.

and for autofill for what you know about them, you can do that by creating a database sheet for this information and in the intake sheet when anyone Register to the virtual event you can fill that information automaticly by using formula ( Vlookup Or Index with Match ).

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Maureen Chausse

I hope you're well and safe!

Are the attendees, Smartsheet users in your account?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• This is the form. I know their Region, First name, last name, email and title.

I will have their email "restrict to list values only", but is there a way to copy and paste the 1,000 emails or do I need to enter one at at time?

I have the list of attendees in a separate sheet, so I guess I can have them register using their email only and then once registration is complete do a vlookup to link the email with their name. Is this the most efficient way? I was hoping when they chose their email in registration the other columns would auto populate.

I have 3 different registration forms. One of the forms needs to have a link for the square payment. How can I add a link without having them copy and paste the url into a webbrowser?

Thanks a million for your help.

Maureen

• I figured out the link part so please disregard that question.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Maureen Chausse

Excellent!

Glad you got it working!

Please support the Community by marking your post with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.