Error when adding index linked formula

Am getting attached error even though all data is pulling into the sheet correctly, I have info pulling in from 2 x separate sheets.

Can anyone confirm if this is impacting data or just an error I can ignore?

Thanks

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is going to depend on your formulas. It may appear that everything is pulling over correctly, but that could be simply because so far the additional data being left out hasn't been necessary yet.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi - I wouldn't ignore this error. This is saying that your sheet contains over 100,000 cell links and so you don't have the cell link capacity in the sheet to perform all the cell links that you are asking for. So even though it looks like the formulae are all working, you may have some cells that aren't being processed.

I would consider your formulas. If you are perform vlookups into other sheets, you could potentially update them to Index(Match()) formulas instead, these perform the same function but use fewer cell links.

If you are just using standard cross sheet referencing then you might need to start a new grid sheet for any further calculations you need in the future.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Debbie

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!