COUNTIFS formula

Options

Hello.

Please help!

I am attempting a formula where I would like to pull the number of 'Accomplishments' registered in a sheet in the 'last 7 days'. This is the formula I am using, but I am getting 'unparseable' -

=COUNTIFS({Type}, ="Accomplishment", AND {Date}, >= (TODAY (-7)))

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you

Tags:

Best Answer

• bcwilson.ca
    bcwilson.ca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Nicole Jenner are you referencing the data from another sheet or from the same sheet? That would change the whole dynamic and explain the bracket change.

It wasn't clear in your first ask.. Try this..

COUNTIFS({Type}, "Accomplishment", {Date}, >=(Today(-7)))

as long as your ranges are selected properly and the {date} is a Date Field it should work.. Next step is I will have to create some test files

Answers

• bcwilson.ca
    bcwilson.ca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Two things

1) Using COUNTIFS function, the AND is implied..

COUNTIFS([Type]:[Type], "Accomplishment", [Date]:[Date], >=(Today(-7)))

2) Remember you have to use a Range as in "[Type]:[Type]" instead of the Single Column "[Type]"

Let me know if that helps

• Nicole Jenner
    Options

Thankyou for responding @bcwilson.ca.

I am still receiving unparseable. This is a copy of the formula based on your feedback -

=COUNTIFS({TYPE}:{TYPE}, "Accomplishment", {Date}:{Date}, >=(Today(-7)))

The only difference I see is the type of bracket/parentheses that is being used. This is being automatically put in when I select the reference, but even if I manually change the bracket type, I am still receiving the same result.

Any other suggestions?

• bcwilson.ca
    bcwilson.ca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Nicole Jenner are you referencing the data from another sheet or from the same sheet? That would change the whole dynamic and explain the bracket change.

It wasn't clear in your first ask.. Try this..

COUNTIFS({Type}, "Accomplishment", {Date}, >=(Today(-7)))

as long as your ranges are selected properly and the {date} is a Date Field it should work.. Next step is I will have to create some test files

• Nicole Jenner
    Options

Thank you @bcwilson.ca. It worked!

Appreciate your assistance :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!