Approval Workflow - Undoing Updates

I am new to Approval Workflow automation, and have not been able to find an answer to my problem. I have created a report for each team member which lists all assigned tasks from many worklists, some including Project Plans, all of which they do not have access to the sheets. I am trying to allow them to provide a status/date/conversation update on their report which will then trigger the approval workflow on any Project Plans (where the Approval Workflow is setup). My problem is that when the update is made by the team member and the manager "declines" it, their update still stays listed - and does not revert back to what was previously listed. Is there a way to have an update made on a report push for approval on another sheet, but not make the update until it is approved? Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/17/21

Hi @Jenn Elfner

I hope you're well and safe!

I have an idea for a workaround using so-called helper columns.

Is that an option?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.