Inbound cells limitation

Hi - is there any way to get rid of inbound cells limitation when using formulas? Or any plan to remove it as it is so restrictive to do just some basic calculations cross sheets? Thank you

Answers

• Hello @Martin Suchy ,

If possible, are you able to show the Formula you are currently using for Cross Sheet references?

If you are currently using a VLOOKUP Formula, you will want to switch this to an INDEX/MATCH if you are cross referencing a mass of data.

INDEX/MATCH Formulas perform better as they are able to look for more accurate results where as VLOOKUP Formulas look across an entire table.

You may also wish to reach out to our Support Team for if this error is persistent: https://www.smartsheet.com/contact

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards

Sean

• Hi @Sean Morgan,

Thank you!

I am using Index/Match combination to get desired data from other 4 sheets into the key one. Those 4 sheets are pretty huge thus I am having troubles to load all I need but there is no way to cut it in any way, rather the opposite.

Does it mean that support team can help eg changing limitation?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Martin Suchy

As @Sean Morgan ask you before, could you please show the Formula you are currently using for Cross Sheet references, and could you supply a screenshot ( remove any sensitive data ) so we can help you with some ideas to solve your problem.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"