Bug: Form editor change from single-select to multi-select does not update the form
Observation - If you have a form with a single-select dropdown and from the form editor change the field type to multi-select, the form does NOT update to allow multiple selection.
Workaround - Remove the modified field from the form and re-add it.
Limitation of workaround - You must re-create any logic and reset the field configuration.
Steps to replicate:
- Create a new grid with at least one single select field. I used an area selection of "Parking, Lobby, Front Office, Production"
- Create a form. The single select field is automatically populated.
- Click on the single-select field and then change it from single-select to multi-select from the form editor.
- Open the form and observe the form is still populated as a single-select dropdown.
- You can leave the form editor and come back, the field will still be populated as a single-select dropdown.
***Note that if you modify the "Display as" option while the field is configured as a single-select type, then change to multi-select that the display as options go away... but the field remains in whatever single-select style that was selected.
This DOES NOT occur in reverse, going from a multi-select to single select seems to work fine.