Creating Reports for multiple clients off of one sheet

Here's the scenario. I have a lead generation company that generates all it's combined leads into one sheet. I then need a way to share this lead information on a monthly basis with ~100 clients.

What I would really like to do, is create reports for each individual client that pull from the same universal sheet. The issue I'm running into, is that the clients reports won't actually work unless they have access to the underlying sheet (which I obviously can't share because of all the other client's information there).

The other option is to make the combined sheet public, but this also makes me nervous because it can be accessed by anyone? Is there any way that URL becomes public or is there any way to restrict access to a public sheet?

Not sure what would be the best route to take here, but having this sort of functionality would be very beneficial for several different use cases.

Thanks -Devon

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Devon Eddy

I hope you're well and safe!

There are some ways to structure a solution for this scenario.

What Smartsheet Plan do you have?

How many rows/column is there in your main sheet?

A solution that would be perfect for this use-case is the premium add-on, Dynamic View.

More info: 

Another option.

I recently developed a (what I call), Dynamic View Light. It's quite advanced, but in short, it's using cross-sheet formulas and INDEX/MATCH and a specific structure and method, so it's only possible to show data that should be available.

What do you think?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Awesome Andree, thanks for the great answer! That Dynamic view is probably just what I need.. Will look into that. Would definitely be curious how your "light" version works as well if you are willing to share!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Devon Eddy

I'm always happy to help!

Let me know if you want a demo of Dynamic View or the Dynamic View light solution.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.