Permission Level affect ability to copy & paste?

Ross McIntosh
edited 02/18/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a colleague who is a free user and I have given them editor permissions. They seem to be unable to copy data from a sheet and paste it.

I am able to copy and paste data freely, whether that be to another smartsheet or into an excel file.

Does the user permission level stop them from doing this? Or is the issue elsewhere.

Best Answer

• Sandra Guzman
    Sandra Guzman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ross McIntosh

There are a couple of tips that I would suggest as it relates to copying and pasting.

1) Use Ctrl C + Ctrl V to copy and paste. I have found that this works for all users when copying from Excel to Smartsheet or between sheets.

2) Copying and pasting cells that are not locked should be doable. Make sure that they are not trying to copy and paste an entire row that may have values that are locked.

3) As a last check, make sure that they are using Google Chrome since that is the preferred web browser. Using another browser could have an impact on performance.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Sandra

Answers

• Sandra Guzman
    Sandra Guzman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ross McIntosh

There are a couple of tips that I would suggest as it relates to copying and pasting.

1) Use Ctrl C + Ctrl V to copy and paste. I have found that this works for all users when copying from Excel to Smartsheet or between sheets.

2) Copying and pasting cells that are not locked should be doable. Make sure that they are not trying to copy and paste an entire row that may have values that are locked.

3) As a last check, make sure that they are using Google Chrome since that is the preferred web browser. Using another browser could have an impact on performance.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Sandra