Using Multiple Condition Paths Simultaneously

Iain Elliott
Iain Elliott ✭✭✭
edited 02/18/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I would like to set up an automation where depending up a multiple select field there are actions for different groups.

i.e. If the field contains 1,2,3 then there are 3 Condition Paths and all of them would trigger, however if the field only contains 1,3 then Condition Path 2 is ignore.

However, in my testing, what happens is Condition Path 1 triggers in both cases and Condition Paths 2 and 3 are never triggered. It appears that the logic of Condition Paths is that the first Condition Path that matches stops any further matching. Is there any other way to do this other than creating multiple automations?

Many thanks

Iain

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Iain Elliott 

Hope you are fine, please note that when you try Using Multiple Condition Paths Simultaneously You must make a logical analysis of the process accurately because naturally, the process will follow the direction of the fulfilled condition more strongly if two conditions are met at the same time. if you share the sheet you are trying to use Multiple Condition Paths Simultaneously on it  (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) maybe i can help you to design the Multiple Condition Paths workflow.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Iain Elliott

I hope you're well and safe!

You can add them all after each other instead.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks guys, i think both approaches are ok, but also result in a support headache for anyone trying to understand the logic flow. In the end i just created 10 different automations to handle each of the options, whilst not pretty it makes it simple for power users to be able to make adjustments for each of the options.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Iain Elliott 

You are welcome

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Iain Elliott

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.