I need a solution to look in the Purchase column, figure out how many times the PO is in that column

Best Answer

Answers

• I didn't get to finish what I was trying to ask.... I hit enter before I was ready. What I need is to be able to look at the Purchase Order column, see how many times a PO in is there, then look in the Actual column, get the count and return a total of all.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Patti Pankey ,

To do this in the same sheet, add text/number columns [PO Count] and [PO Actual].

In [PO Count] input the column formula: =COUNTIF([Purchase Order]:[Purchase Order], @cell=[Purchase Order]@row)

In [PO Actual] enter the column formula:

=SUMIF([Actual Qty Received]:[Actual Qty Received], [Purchase Order]:[Purchase Order], @cell=[Purchase Order]@row)

You should get the count and actual sum for the purchase order at the row.

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• The formula for PO Count works great... the other shows #INVALID OPERATION..??

• I went back and used your formula, I just made it SUMIFS and it worked. Thank you!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Patti Pankey ,

Glad you found a solution. Please accept an answer to close the discussion.

Thank you for using the Community.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.