Automatic workflows and deleted rows

Hello!

I have set up automatic work flows to update one sheet when another one has rows added. I also set it up to update when rows are changed, but then it just duplicates the row instead of updating it. The same issue happens when deleting a row, it doesn't delete it.

Is there a way around this.

I have also set up a report that keeps the updates in the correct way, but have problems sharing because users need to be able to filter and are unable to do that in view mode...but to have them be an editor, they also need to be able to see our master sheet which we do not want.

Any suggestions?

Best Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Megan Halverson ,

Unless you have Dynamic View your solution is with reports. As the owner or admin you can create shared filters that are available to viewers. Can you design a set of filters that meet everyone's needs? You may need to create multiple reports with different filter sets to be used by different roles. Using save as new that's very easy and fast to do. Save as new, adjust the report and filters and save again.

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Megan Halverson

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Mark's excellent advice/answer.

Which license do you and the other users have?

If you have Enterprise or Premier, you could use WorkApps instead because then the other users wouldn't need access to the underlying sheet(s). (similar to how Dynamic View works)

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers