Using the OR function within a count formula referencing another sheet

Options

Hey all,

Trying to work out how to add in the OR function to a count formual referencing another sheet.

Presently I've got.....

=COUNT(COLLECT({Activity}, {Row Type}, "Parent", {Status}, "Delayed"))

But the Status could be any of "Delayed", "In Progress" or "Client Delay"

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks, Anna

Tags:

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Anna, Unparsable is a syntax error. Usually something like a paren or comma out of place. I see 1 error, @cell has to be a lower case c.

Try: =COUNTIFS({Activity}, ISTEXT(@cell), {Row Type}, "Parent", {Status}, OR(@cell="Delayed", @cell="In Progress",@cell="Client Delay"))

If that doesn't fix it, also confirm that your range names are correct and pointed to the correct external references.

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Anna Keeton ,

Try:

=COUNTIFS({Activity}, ISTEXT(@Cell), {Row Type}, "Parent", {Status}, OR(@cell="Delayed", @cell="In Progress",@cell="Client Delay"))

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Anna Keeton
    Anna Keeton ✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Mark - sadly I'm still getting unparseable with that :/. Thanks though!

Any other ideas?

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Anna, Unparsable is a syntax error. Usually something like a paren or comma out of place. I see 1 error, @cell has to be a lower case c.

Try: =COUNTIFS({Activity}, ISTEXT(@cell), {Row Type}, "Parent", {Status}, OR(@cell="Delayed", @cell="In Progress",@cell="Client Delay"))

If that doesn't fix it, also confirm that your range names are correct and pointed to the correct external references.

Work?

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!