Pull in most recent form entry only

Hello!

I am trying to add an indicator to use for a report to only recognize the most current form entry for a date range. Specifically, I am using a auto fill "created" column and the collect functionality as follows:

=IF(ISBLANK(Created@row), "", MAX(COLLECT(Created:Created, [Week Indicator]:[Week Indicator], "1")))

However, this isn't really the greatest way to do it since I have to do multiple checks.

Is it possible to create a formula where I can check for the Team member name, matching start date, and apply an indicator if the Created Date is the max value?

Below is a snip of the form I'm making. The column "Most Current View" is where the IF formula above currently sits, but it's not working right =)

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ok. To check a box for the most recent entry for each person, here is what I suggest...

Add an auto-number column. Formatting doesn't matter.

Add a text/number column called "Row #" and enter the following as a column formula:

=MATCH([Auto-Number]@row, [Auto-Number]:[Auto-Number], 0)

Add a checkbox column with the following as a column formula:

=IF([Row #]@row = MAX(COLLECT([Row #]:[Row #], [Team Member Name]:[Team Member name], [Team Member Name]@row)), 1)

This will check the box for the most recent entry for each team member.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!