Dynamic reporting period

02/23/21
Answered - Pending Review

Hello everyone,

I think that I have a simple use case but I can't find how to implement it in Smartsheet

I have a sheet with commercial tasks (send quote, contact leads, negociate, contract signed, etc.)

Each time a commercial task is fulfilled I put the date in another column.

I created apart a metric sheet and I would like in this sheet just write a start date and end date, and it could give me all the commerical actions that have been made on this period. Then I could split by type, client, and so on.

Do you have an idea of how to create this mecanism ?

Thank you for your time, have a nice day

Corentin

Answers

• Hi,

maybe try this template set and configure it with FORMS to automate a fill out sheets with your tasks?

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=dc8684a068504166b99e31a5908ef0f5

• Corentin Dal FarraCorentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/24/21

Hello,

Thank you @Yuan Wong for your help.

I found a solution to resolve my problem :

I only put two dates to specifiy my period in columns "date de début" et "date de fin"

Then I automatically count all the rows related to commercial actions that I need to count in my period with the column "Comptabiliser ?"

Finally in my metrics sheet, I created and count if formula to only count rows that are "checked", and then I split this by commercial action type, client, etc.

Have a nice day,

Corentin

• Bassam.M KhalilBassam.M Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭

@Corentin Dal Farra

Verry good Idea, could you publish a copy of your sheet after you remove any sensitive data to help the Smartsheet Community to make use of this template.

Best Regards

Bassam.M Khalil

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for other Smartsheet Community members to find this solution or help to answer their questions.