My Task Report on a Dashboard

Hi,

I created a My Task Report to show my current task but with the "current user" filter. I would like to put this on our project dashboard but showing the current users task based on the person viewing the dashboard.

Everything I am trying shows up wrong and only shows my task or nothing at all (missing source report).

Also, is there a way to show summary totals from a report in a chart on the dashboard? I don't need all the infomation, just the summarized counts.

Steph

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You should have these settings in the report widget Advanced Options

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• Stephanie Tran
    Stephanie Tran ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/24/21

Thank you for your help however, that is the setting I have set. I am attaching a screen shot of my report, my settings for the report on the dashboard and what my coworker sees.

The above value I have selected is "current user".

I can see my task on the dashboard but my coworkers do not see theirs.

This a screen grab of what they see. The error "missing source report" Once I share the report out to them, they see my task not theirs.

• Yuan Wong
    Yuan Wong ✭✭✭

HI,

have you tried the other option: use Widget Editor

sorry don't have anyone currently to test this feature out on my project with gantt chart...it's sensitive information on my end.

As for your other question:

show summary totals from a report in a chart on the dashboard? I don't need all the information, just the summarized counts.

I try to make it as simple as possible with some photos to answer your question:

try this:

Step 1: File ----- Create a New report ---

Step 2: Create a New report --- click on SHEET SUMMARY REPORT

Select your sheet : TAH & Educator (or any other sheet) ---then pick your columns (*from your sheet*)

For the columns pick what you would like displayed and it should show a total of the columns on your report status.

Step 3: Go back to your Dashboard and Edit ---- click on "+Add Widget" --- Chart

select the created Summary Report above-- TAH Summary Data REPORT

then there you have your new Chart/graph 😀

Hope this is what you were asking for.

• Hi @Stephanie Tran,

I'm assuming you were able to get this fixed, but I did want to ask if everyone was shared to the reports?

Question back to you is, if you did get this fixed, how did you do it?

Best,

Luis