Change a field value based on a condition

Hi There,

Is there a way to change the a field/column value based on a condition?

In my Use Case, the initial row gets created with Column Field value as "New". I assign a person based on a criteria using the Assign a Person workflow.

After this person assignment, I would like to change the Column Field value from "New" to "Assigned" as I designed Alerts to go out for the Assignees.

Please let me know if there is a way to accomplish this.

Thanks in Advance,

Ramesh Nookala

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ramesh Nookala

Yes, cells can be changed based on triggers in other fields. A cell cannot, however, be changed manually part of the time and automatically others - or at least it cannot do this in a robust manner.

This formula goes in the column who's status you're wishing to change.

=IF([your task name]@row<>"", IF([your assigned column name]@row="", "New", IF([your assigned column name]@row<>"", "Assigned")))

Be sure to change the name of the columns in my formula to exactly match yours. If the column name is a single word without spaces, numbers or special characters you do not need square brackets around

This says if the column with the task/assignment/description name is not blank, then if you haven't assigned the task to anyone the status = New, if you have assigned the task to someone, it goes to assigned. I built it so you can continue to add more status designations if you have more to add.

cheers,

Kelly