Copy Row Workflow not copying rows

I'm trying to have a sheet copy rows to another sheet when a checkbox column gets its checkbox checked. This checkbox column is getting its value from the adjacent column which contains a formula that looks up from data from another sheet. Once that formula says "COMPLETE", the box gets checked. All of this works.

The trigger on the workflow works as well. I have a subsequent action in the Copy Row workflow that sends me an email which I do receive once the criteria is met; however, the rows do not copy.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Is there a spot where it shows you a history of the workflow's runs that would clarify the problem?

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @bsim1130

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

More info about why it won't work.

Actions that will automatically modify the sheet cannot be triggered by inbound cell-links or cross-sheet formulas. This includes Request an approval, Move rows, Copy rows, Lock rows, and Unlock rows. For example, if the Status cell on the row is populated by a cell link with a value from another sheet, changes to that cell value through the cell link will not trigger a workflow that locks the row when Status changes to Complete.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @bsim1130

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

More info about why it won't work.

Actions that will automatically modify the sheet cannot be triggered by inbound cell-links or cross-sheet formulas. This includes Request an approval, Move rows, Copy rows, Lock rows, and Unlock rows. For example, if the Status cell on the row is populated by a cell link with a value from another sheet, changes to that cell value through the cell link will not trigger a workflow that locks the row when Status changes to Complete.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.