Store Approver Comment When Approval is Declined

Hi,

I have a workflow where I would like for the Approver's comments when they decline an approval workflow to be stored in a specific column, not in the comments column of the row. Please suggest how to do this via an update request workflow.

My workflow is as below and when the Approver declines, I want the approver's comment stored in the PR Status column that I have in my grid.

Thanks,

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sri Rangarajan

I hope you're well and safe!

That should work.

What happens? Why doesn't it work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

Here is the workflow:

-Fiscal Monitor - creates a requisition and sends approval notice to Fiscal Manager

-Fiscal Manager has to reject with a comment in his/her email/SS notification (via the form generated in a Request an Update workflow) back to the Fiscal Monitor.

-Fiscal Manager has put in his/her comments in the comments box and hits decline.

I want the Reason of the Decline to be recorded in the PR Status box-not the comments section of the row.

What is wrong with my workflow (second screenshot below)? Will this only work if I setup a workflow with Requesting an Update from the Fiscal Manager after he/she has declined the request once?

How should the workflow look like?

Thanks,

• Matt Kirby
    Matt Kirby ✭✭✭✭

@Sri Rangarajan did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm exploring something similar.