ONE Daily Report from multiple sheets

We are using SS for construction projects. Each project has it's own sheet for scheduling/tracking/documenting/etc. I have each sheet/project set up with Daily notification to update all user on ANY changes made. As we grow and take on more projects, these notifications are becoming overwhelming and difficult to track.

Is there a way to get an automated daily report of any updates made on ALL active sheets in only ONE email?

I understand this would be a roll-up situation into a report; however I'm not understanding how to make the reports reflect ANY update from ANY row. Report only depict specific information

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Malorie Scaramozi 

Hope you are fine, if you can export some of your sheets to excel (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). with a sample scenario show what you want to do and send it to my Email i will try to help you.

My Email : Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Malorie Scaramozi

I hope you're well and safe!

Two options come to mind.

1. Copy each change to a so-called master sheet with a copy-row Workflow and then use a Daily recurring Workflow or reference the master sheet in a daily report.
    2. Add a so-called helper column to each sheet that indicates any change and then reference all the sheets in a report and set the report builder to include the rows where the helper column is checked.

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Andrée Starå I'm not certain I understand what you mean by a 'helper row'? Do you mean like adding a auto-column like date modified? Could you explain this in a little more detail please?

Both suggestions are possible solutions but I need the attachments and comments to be reflected when changes are made. It is my understanding that copying rows will not transfer the comments or attachments.

• @Andrée Starå Could you please explain how the "Helper Column" would look for this situation?