Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Feature or Omission: Workspace Save as New does not create Sights (Resolved)

Options
J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

UPDATE:

While the 63 of the 66 objects showed up when I performed the operation. The three Sights did not.

I refreshed. Still not there.

Went to lunch and came back to find they were now in the new workspace with the Last Update the same as the rest of the them.

Now you are just messing with me.

(I'm aware that Sights will not come over if the Account can not own them. I tested in two accounts with same results. I assume the same is true for Reports if the Acccount can not own those, but don't have access to an account without them anymore)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a bug, missed requirement, or a feature?

When performing the Save as New process on a Workspace, Sights are not transferred.

I assume this is an omission when Sights were implemented.

In that case, I would like to submit a Feature Request for this functionality.

If it is a design decision, I'd appreciate a hint at why this feature was omitted.

Many customer use the Save as New workspace for their project management sheets and reports. Having the Sights available also only makes sense.

Craig

Comments

• Benjamin Walker
    Options

Craig,

Can you give some more details? This feature is working just fine for me. Are you able to create Sights on your account?

Thanks,

Ben

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/17/17
    Options

In the age of fast food, Smart Phones, and Microwave Hot Pockets - it's hard to wait for results! 

Laughing

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow. That is annoying. Yes, they still taste like salted cardboard. :) Although its been 5+ years since I've last had one. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/17/17
    Options

Mike,

If everything needed to wait, I'd agree with you. But 63 of the 66 objects can through immediately. If the counters weren't staring at me, I might not even have noticed, because it was one sheet and the 30 associated reports I was testing.

I can't remember the last time I had a Hot Pocket.

Do they still taste like salted cardboard? :)

Craig

This discussion has been closed.