Set up an attestation?

Hello Smartsheets Community,

My company would like to have everyone in our organization complete an attestation that they agree to a new company change. Originally, I was thinking of sending a form to the whole company, and having everyone check off a box that says something like "I Agree." However, now I am thinking it would look more legitimate if, instead of using a form, I used something similar to an approval workflow... where everyone in the company gets a notification to "attest" and then they just need to click a button (like the approval button) to complete their task.

What would you recommend for an attestation? And if I did go with an approval workflow, would it be possible to send the workflow to the entire company, and then have everyone that went through the workflow populate in a sheet?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Sarah Grand 

Hope you are fine, yes you can do that as following:

1- prepare a new sheet contains the following columns:

a- contact list column each row contains 1 of your employee

b-the full name of the employee

c- the department

b- the employee position

c- any other information you find it useful to be mentioned in the letter of approval.

2- design PDF form contains all the above fields as a letter of approval.

3- add this PDF form using the document builder future for each row.

4- design your approval workflow to send to the contact in the contact list in this way each employee will receive his approval request.

5- you can print the PDF form you use in point 3 or you can save this sheet as a legal document on the employee's approval of the new company system.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Sarah Grand

I hope you're well and safe!

There are a few options.

• You could send a generic form to everyone.
    • You could send a pre-filled form that looks more legitimate.
    • You could use an Update Request workflow.
    • You could use an Approval Workflow.

Would any of those options work/help?

Which one do you prefer?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers