EXCEL IF FUNCTION TO SMARSHEET

Irina Surladžioska
edited 03/04/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I've tried everything and I still can't make a formula work in Smartsheet.

Formula in EXCEL:

=IF(K269>0;IF(K269>J269;"DELAYED";"ON TIME");"")

Formula in SMARTSHEET:

=IF([Doc completed]@row > 0, IF([Doc completed]@row > [Deadline for doc]@row, "DELAYED", "ON TIME"), " ")

So if document completed date is not empty, than use IF([Doc completed]@row > [Deadline for doc]@row, "DELAYED", "ON TIME"), but if it's empty don't return any value.

I've tried to change first logical expresion with <> 0 (not exual to 0) and <> " " (not blank) but I just can't make it work.

Please help me, cuz I'm beginning to have a mental breakdown 😀

Best Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Irina Surladžioska 

Hope you are fine, Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/04/21 Answer ✓

@Irina Surladžioska 

please try the following formula:

Status =IF(ISBLANK([Doc completed]@row), "", IF([Doc completed]@row > [Deadline for doc]@row, "Delayed", "On Time"))

the following screenshot show the result on my sample sheet

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Irina Surladžioska

Happy to help you anytime

PMP Certified

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Irina Surladžioska 

You are welcome and am happy it's worked, you can Vote for me 😀😂😉

PMP Certified

Answers