Dashboard View (specific dates)

I have a dashboard that I would like to go back and look at what it looked like a month ago. As the project progresses, I'd like to continue to do this. Is this a feature?

I also know I can export PDF documents and save those and I can go back and looked at the previous PDFs I saved. Can this feature be automated? I am just really looking for a way go back and look at previous data.

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Celeste Padron

There currently isn't a functionality to automate a PDF backup of a Dashboard on a recurring basis, you would need to manually export a PDF as you've been doing (see this Help Article: Create a Backup Copy of Your Smartsheet Data).

If you have a moment, please let our Product Team know of your feedback through this form, here!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Celeste Padron

This may not be what you're looking for, but is worth a shot.

You could create a sheet or report that summarizes all of the data on your dashboard (if you don't have one already), then go to File>Send as attachment and schedule a recurring email attachment. If you don't already have a sheet, you'd have to use cross-sheet formulas to pull the data.

I do that for a few of my reports/sheets, and it's super helpful to have the PDF automatically show up weekly (or monthly in your case). It won't be a pretty dashboard with widgets and charts, but would at least have the numbers you want to track.

Best,

Heather

Answers