How to share a Dynamic view?

Rachel Liang
edited 06/29/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I tried to share a dynamic view with requesters, but some of the E-mail can not show up in the shared user list....? Also how can I share with the domain so everyone can access this dynamic view since I already restricted to requesters based on contact list already?

Answers

• Hi @Rachel Liang

In Dynamic View, the emails that automatically show up in the "Shared Users" drop-down list are the contacts who are a part of your company's plan. You can share the Dynamic View out to other users as well, however you will just need to type in their full email address and hit enter (versus selecting them from the drop-down list).

In my screen capture below, you'll see the first two shared users have a Name associated because they are in the same Plan as me. The third shared user is an email address I typed into the Shared Users field. Keep in mind that users will need to have a Smartsheet account in order to see your view. (See: Dynamic View App: Interact with a View.)

To share the View with an entire domain, you can add in the domain at the bottom of the sharing window:

See: Configure View Conditions and Sharing Logic

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• I want to share to all the staff within the same domain but it does not allow me to put the domain

• Hi @J Carlos A

Are you on an Enterprise plan? If so, please reach out to your System Admin to see if they have set up an approved domain sharing list. You'll need to ask the System Admin to include this new domain into the approved sharing list.

Cheers!

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P. I just found this conversation and I think it is close to what I am struggling with. I having the same issue - I create dynamic views to share with 3 users. How do I get them to see it? I added their emails but they are not being "pinged" to create a log in and use them.

• Hi @Jeffrey Domanski

Dynamic View is a little different than the core Smartsheet Application.

Once you've shared a view (from the Share tab in the View builder), you'll need to manually give your users the Dynamic View link for them to log in and see what you have set up: https://dynamicview.smartsheet.com/

This main link also gives them access to any other views they're shared to. Keep in mind they'll need to already have a Smartsheet account as well (so the View can recognize their contact and show the rows you've configured for them). The Smartsheet account invitation would ping them with an email, if you're adding them to your plan. Otherwise, you can send them the Smartsheet App link and they can create a free account that way: https://app.smartsheet.com/

Cheers,

Genevieve