How to delete Sample Users

I loaded some sample Smart Sheet templates when I first signed up, but am no longer using them. However when I go to my Assigned user dropdown, I'm still seeing "Billy Haynes", "Julie Buris", "Robert Coleman" and "Tina Harris". There are NO rows assigned to these people. And I only have ONE sheet.

I'm on a minimal SmartSheet plan so I do not have access to the User Management features/

How can I remove these names from my sheet?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @mlondon

Check the Column Properties for this Contact Column (double click on the column name). It may be that these sample emails are listed in the "Column Values" section of this window, in which case you can remove them from here and add in your own contacts instead. (See: Contact List Column Type).

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Antonio Figueroa
    Antonio Figueroa ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If the Assigned User column is a Contact Column you have to go into your "My Smartsheet Contacts" (top right of you sheet) and remove them from you contacts.

• mlondon
    mlondon ✭✭✭

The "sample" contacts left over from installing the sample templates are NOT showing up in My Smartsheet Contacts. I only see the contacts I added myself.

Any other suggestions?

• mlondon
    mlondon ✭✭✭

Hello,

Can anyone help with this?

I sent email to Tech Support at Smartsheet, but they seem to be sleeping....

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @mlondon

Check the Column Properties for this Contact Column (double click on the column name). It may be that these sample emails are listed in the "Column Values" section of this window, in which case you can remove them from here and add in your own contacts instead. (See: Contact List Column Type).

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• mlondon
    mlondon ✭✭✭

YES!

That did the trick. Thank you Genevieve.

Are you on staff at Smartsheet? I'm not getting any reply to my regular tech-support requests. Should I just post here instead? Is there a way to ping you or otherwise ensure that a Smartsheet rep sees my questions? Thanks again.

• Hi @mlondon

I'm glad that worked for you!

Yes, I am a Community Moderator at Smartsheet. The Community is a great resource you can use to chat to other Smartsheet users, but this is not the best avenue to get in contact with Smartsheet employees.

We have a number of different contact forms depending on your type of request. Each form goes to a different department so I would just ensure that any Support questions are going to through the Support form, here, or if you have account/billing questions they go to the finance department, here.

If you have best-practice or how-to questions, then in this instance the Community is a good place to post your questions as it's likely that other users have come across something similar and can help you with your sheets as well!

See this FAQ for some community tips and tricks: Quick Tips for using the Smartsheet Online Community.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• mlondon
    mlondon ✭✭✭

Thank you Genevieve