comments not showing up on proofs

Hi,

I am collaborating with colleagues on a proof, I can see 2 people have left comments (though the Activity Log doesn't display which rows/files the comments relate to) but I can only see comments in the proof from one of them. What is going on? Can someone help please.

Thanks!

Emily

Answers

• Hi @Emily Zhang

There are a few things to check here. First of all, you mention using the Activity Log to identify that changes were made. Keep in mind that the Activity Log marks down all changes to the sheet, whether this is in regards to a row in the Grid of the sheet as well as a comment made to a Proof.

If the comment or update was made in the Grid of the sheet, you can see what row the comment was made on by expanding the row in the Activity Log to view the change, like so:

You may also want to check the date range in your Activity Log (top right corner) to ensure that the correct range is showing. (See: Track the History of Changes with Activity Log.)

Then if you can confirm that the comments made were not on a specific row, but that it says "this sheet" (therefore the comment is likely on a Proof), make sure you're looking at the correct Version of the proof:

If this hasn't helped you find the comments, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your Activity Log identifying the comments, where they're located, and when they were made (but please block out any sensitive data!).

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now