Standardizing Scale on Y Axis

Is there a way to standardize the scale on the Y axis of chart widgets in the dashboard? I want to standardize to 100% on all graphs, but the dash auto-selects for me.

If this isn't available yet, could it be added to the options? Visually it would really help the people for whom this dash is developed. Right now % completeness is misleading if you are only looking quickly.

Thanks, Kelly

Tags:

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kelly Cooney

There currently isn't a way to set the Y Axis to a specific number, it will auto-adjust depending on the metrics that it is referencing. Please let our Product Team know about your feedback through this form, here!

What I would personally do in this situation is set up a 7th data point to "fill out" the rest of the bar and have it reach 100%, which would set a standard Y Axis across all of your charts. I've called mine "Left to Go":

Then as long as your widget sizes are the same, the bar graph will be standardized.

To create this metric, I took the values of all the other data and subtracted the SUM of these values from 100:

Let me know if this will work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Kelly Cooney
    Kelly Cooney ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Genevieve P that I like! thanks!! good thought - I really do want it to be uncomplicated because there are a number of different groups of people who will glance in from time to time and the less confusing it is...

kelly

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kelly Cooney

There currently isn't a way to set the Y Axis to a specific number, it will auto-adjust depending on the metrics that it is referencing. Please let our Product Team know about your feedback through this form, here!

What I would personally do in this situation is set up a 7th data point to "fill out" the rest of the bar and have it reach 100%, which would set a standard Y Axis across all of your charts. I've called mine "Left to Go":

Then as long as your widget sizes are the same, the bar graph will be standardized.

To create this metric, I took the values of all the other data and subtracted the SUM of these values from 100:

Let me know if this will work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P, Thanks, I was thinking about this as an option, but was hoping not to add another bar - again, it could confuse the viewer who is not paying close attention. BUT I may do that last field in a white so it doesn't "show" it might provide a work-around for now.

I appreciate your help! Kelly

• Genevieve P.

Ah, yes! You could do it in white. You'll still need some sort of label or column name for that field, but this could be made up of symbols... for example " ____ "

• Kelly Cooney
    Kelly Cooney ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Genevieve P that I like! thanks!! good thought - I really do want it to be uncomplicated because there are a number of different groups of people who will glance in from time to time and the less confusing it is...

kelly

• Genevieve P.

@Kelly Cooney

Yes, that makes sense. I'm happy to help!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Lisa-B
    Lisa-B ✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. Here's another thing to consider. Change the "Left to do" heading to just a fullstop. Then change the bar to white. As it is a white background the bar won't show and the legend will just show a . under the last colour. That way it is fixed, but not really visible.