Is it possible to generate a subset of a report based on an interactive dashboard entry?

I have an invoice sheet and want to generate a report based on a specific contract # that the user would enter from a dashboard or other mechanism. So the user would enter the contract # and the report output would only show the invoices for that specific contract. The actual report shows all invoices for all contracts. Is this possible and, if so, can you provide a brief explanation along with a reference to a training resource I can use. thank you.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Brian Benn

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, it's possible, but it's fairly advanced to set up.

In short.

• A form on a dashboard to select the number
    • Submit form
    • Refresh Dashboard

Behind the scenes

• Helper sheet that receives the submission
    • Helper column(s) (on each sheet) that updates a column to check for that number (latest one) and match it and check a box or similar
    • Report on that check box

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Yes, that is complicated. I'll play with it and see what happens. Are you aware of any training resources that touch on this or similar functionality? I would potentially be doing this with several sheets.