Report Gantt formatting is not showing in the dashboard

Options

Hey All,

First time post. I looked through some keyword searches for my problem, but didn't find this specific issue.

I am rolling up all my projects into a high level filtered report and formatting the Gantt for my directors using the following settings:

Everything looks great:

However, when I pull this specific report to roll into a high level dashboard. The formatting presented in the Gantt is not pulling through regardless of how much I stretch the formatting box on the dashboard.

Why is the 2022 not shown over the Q1, Q2, Q3?

Why is the Q4 not their just to finish out the formatting?

I checked the widget edit settings: No luck

Test dragged the widget to see if it would create data: No luck

Is there a way I can force the dashboard widget to take my end date on the Gantt and do a +1 to the year and generate a Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 with a year above it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Charles

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Charles Elam

The Report Widget for Dashboards will only show the Gantt chart a few quarters after the end of your last task. Since you have no tasks in 2022, the year won't show at the top as there are no rows associated with that year.

If you want to show more data in the Gantt chart than what's in the rows of the Report, I would suggest using the Web Content Widget instead of the Report Widget. To do so, you can Publish the Report and use this Publish URL link to embed the content into the Dashboard to show the exact same view as when you open the Report.

There is a difference in how these two widgets display your data, so it depends on what you prefer. Here I have the Report Widget at the top, and the same Report shown via a Published Link and Web Content Widget at the bottom:

Let me know if I can clarify anything further!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Charles Elam

The Report Widget for Dashboards will only show the Gantt chart a few quarters after the end of your last task. Since you have no tasks in 2022, the year won't show at the top as there are no rows associated with that year.

If you want to show more data in the Gantt chart than what's in the rows of the Report, I would suggest using the Web Content Widget instead of the Report Widget. To do so, you can Publish the Report and use this Publish URL link to embed the content into the Dashboard to show the exact same view as when you open the Report.

There is a difference in how these two widgets display your data, so it depends on what you prefer. Here I have the Report Widget at the top, and the same Report shown via a Published Link and Web Content Widget at the bottom:

Let me know if I can clarify anything further!

Cheers,

Genevieve