Invite email is not coming.

Options
Paulenrique
edited 03/11/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, I'm trying to add new users to my account, but the invitation email does not arrive at the mailboxes!

I have the email passwords and I checked for myself that they are not coming! They are users with an account on yahoo and outlook.com.

And I know how to send the invitation, I've been a paid user for years. I checked the spam folder and trash too!

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Paulenrique

The most common reason for this is that the email is being routed to their Spam or Junk folder, or that the email is being blocked by a service that scans emails for them, first. See this Help Article for more information: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet.

If you can't find the email in their Junk folders, then the next thing to try is to have them Log In to Smartsheet. Once they've logged into their account with the same email that you sent the invitation to, they'll receive a pop-up invitation to your plan and can accept this invitation from within the Smartsheet application.

If they don't have a Smartsheet account, or have forgotten their password, they can select "Forgot Password?" to gain access. See: Change and Reset Your Password.

If they're still not able to log into Smartsheet or join your account after following the steps in the above articles, please have each of your users contact Smartsheet Support separately, with their own email addresses, so that Support can help them log in and accept your invitation. (For privacy reasons, Support will need to work directly with the users who are unable to log in.)

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Paulenrique

The most common reason for this is that the email is being routed to their Spam or Junk folder, or that the email is being blocked by a service that scans emails for them, first. See this Help Article for more information: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet.

If you can't find the email in their Junk folders, then the next thing to try is to have them Log In to Smartsheet. Once they've logged into their account with the same email that you sent the invitation to, they'll receive a pop-up invitation to your plan and can accept this invitation from within the Smartsheet application.

If they don't have a Smartsheet account, or have forgotten their password, they can select "Forgot Password?" to gain access. See: Change and Reset Your Password.

If they're still not able to log into Smartsheet or join your account after following the steps in the above articles, please have each of your users contact Smartsheet Support separately, with their own email addresses, so that Support can help them log in and accept your invitation. (For privacy reasons, Support will need to work directly with the users who are unable to log in.)

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Paulenrique
    Options

Thanks, this tip was phenomenal:

<If you can't find the email in their Junk folders, then the next thing to try is to have them Log In to Smartsheet. Once they've logged into their account with the same email that you sent the invitation to, they'll receive a pop-up invitation to your plan and can accept this invitation from within the Smartsheet application.>

• Genevieve P.
    Options

No problem at all! Happy to help. 🙂